To save money, we're having the rehearsal dinner at a local park and I'm going to be making all the food myself. We were originally going to do cookout food, but I thought that would be too close to our Sonnys catering for the wedding. Then I came across the idea of a pasta bar and I was in love! J and I eat pasta at least once a week and it would be an easy meal to cook.
I plan on making a couple different kinds of sauces, but I haven't decided what kinds yet. I'll probably end up just using jarred sauces to make my life a little easier. I will definitely be going with a marina sauce and then probably an alfredo and maybe a butter garlic sauce. That will give everyone a choice of their favorite.
I'm going to have a bunch of little bowls filled with different mix-ins as well. That way everyone can customize their pasta the way they like. I will include tons of different kinds of veggies and some ground beef or chicken.
I found Parmesan shakers like this the other day at Michaels for $1, so I picked up 4 of them. I'm going to fill 2 with Parmesan cheese and 2 with red pepper.
I will also have a bowl of salad tossed up with a couple dressing options and then some garlic knots.
I think it will be a delicious dinner and easy cooking for me. What are you doing for your rehearsal dinner?