A Little About the Auther
Khris Cochran is the author of The DIY Bride
The Crafty Countdown
There are definitely a few projects from this book I'm going to tackle, including:
Memory Lane Table Markers (takes about an hour to make 10-15)
Cupcake in a Jar Favors (takes about four hours)
Customized Water Bottle Labels (takes about 30 minutes to complete half a dozen bottles)
At the end of every project, Khris includes tips and hints to make the project easier for you to create. Then, she gives you a cost comparison of the store cost vs. making it yourself. For every project in the book, it's so much cheaper to make it yourself. A lot of these projects take a good bit of time, so make sure you're committed to them before you start.
About half of the book are projects that you should start to make about 6 months before your wedding (including tons of cute save-the-date and invitation ideas) so I recommend buying this book really early in your planning. I wish this book would have been out when I started planning because I would have used on of her invitation projects.
I highly recommend this book and The DIY Bride